Get to Know Proud to Plan: Nicole

Tell us about yourself:
I like to laugh. I have two dogs, Oreo and Shadow. My hair has a mind of its own. I'm italian and talk with my hands. I'm very organized. I'm married to a great guy and look forward to every day with him. I love weddings, everything about them. I like to be creative and love to Google things. I love to watch reality tv on Bravo. 

Where do you live?:
I live in Havertown, PA. I've lived there for about 3 years now and it's a really nice town. I grew up in Montgomery County so it's a whole different world in Delaware County. 

Give us three words that best describe your personality:
Friendly, caring and accommodating  

How did you get involved in the event industry?: 
Growing up, I always loved planning parties or organizing events for school. My freshman year at University of Delaware, I was an undecided major and decided to take an elective hospitality class to see if I would like it. I signed up for Hotel, Restaurant & Event Management the next semester. I really enjoyed learning the in's and out's of the hospitality industry.

What's your favorite part of a couple's wedding day?:
The first dance is my favorite part. It's one of the first times that they couple gets to be "alone" after the ceremony so it's fun to see them talking to each other and really enjoying the moment. I also enjoy hearing the song that they choose for the first dance.

When you're not doing events, what do you do?:
I can't really sit still or relax, so I love spending my free time with family and friends. I also like to take my dogs for walks with my husband.

Do you have any hobbies? Or what do you do for fun?:
I love to cook and try new recipes. I'm notorious for looking a recipe up and then making my own version of it. My husband is always interested in seeing what I created for dinner. I haven't had a complaint yet! :) I just made super yummy mango-avocado salsa with fish! Delish!

Fun Question, If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?:
Lasagna because it has two of my favorite foods: pasta and cheese. Yum!

No comments: