Get to Know Proud to Plan: Becky

Photo courtesy of Jennifer Childress Photography
Tell us about yourself: 
I'm originally from the Boston area, but moved down here to be with my husband. I love to create and craft and want to be Martha Stewart when I grow up, you know, without the whole jail thing. My husband is my best friend and my daughter is the cutest kid in the world. I'd do anything for my family and friends and wish they all lived closer. Oh, and I have a ridiculous sweet tooth. 

Where do you live?: 
I live in Pennsauken, NJ, with my husband Matt, our daughter Addie and our cat Riley.

Give us three words that best describe your personality:
Loyal, fun and creative

How did you get involved in the event industry?:
I've always enjoyed planning parties and events and decided to see if I could make a career out of it. I was bored with my desk job, so I did some research and got a job at at a small wedding planning and floral design firm. I worked my way up and became general manager. I planned and executed events and designed bouquets, boutonnieres and centerpieces. I'm glad I left my steady job to try it out because I love working in the event industry, and it turns out, I'm not too bad at it. 

What's your favorite part of a couple's wedding day?: 
I love the moment when they see each other for the first time. It's such a pure and intimate moment. 

When you're not doing events, what do you do?: 
I am a work at home mom - I split my time between my family and being the Sales and Marketing Manager of a local DJ and Production Company.

Do you have any hobbies? Or what do you do for fun?: 
I spend time with family and play with my daughter. I don't get a lot of me time, but I love to meet up with friends and scrapbook when I can. And I LOVE sports, so there's usually a game on in my house. 

Fun question, If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?: 
Only one? Anyone who knows me knows I like food, a lot. Telling me I can only eat one food for the rest of my life is cruel and unusual punishment. 

No comments: