Get to Know Proud to Plan: Laura

Photo courtesy of Jennifer Childress Photography
Tell us about yourself:
I grew up in Brooklyn, NY, and yes, my accent still makes an appearance from time to time. I came to Philadelphia 11 years ago for college and I've been here ever since. I got married in the fall and I'm thoroughly enjoying life as a newlywed. 

Where do you live?:
I live in Philadelphia with my husband, Rob and our two cats, Molly and Tucker.

Give us three words that best describe your personality: 
Creative, adventurous and fun.

How did you get involved in the event industry?:
I was really active behind the scenes at my school's theatre. After graduation, I worked for a local theatre company for a few seasons in the Production Department and backstage with the Stage Management and Wardrobe teams. I came across an Event Coordinator position and thought it seemed like a pretty natural transition from there. Both worlds are exciting, collaborative and fun, and I've learned a lot from each of them. 

What's your favorite part of a couple's wedding day?: 
I have two favorite moments. The first is when the bride walks in at the ceremony. I love watching everyone's reaction, especially the groom's, when they see her for the first time. The second is when the bride and groom walk back down the aisle together as husband and wife. There's always so much excitement and happiness in the room. In general though, I really love seeing all of the unique touches and details couples incorporate into their day to make it personal and special. 

When you're not doing events, what do you do?:
Sleep and catch up on TV shows. Honestly, in addition to Proud to Plan, I work full time in the Events Department of a University. So, if I'm not doing something event related, hopefully I'm enjoying a day off. 

Do you have any hobbies? Or what do you do for fun?:
I love to read. I really enjoy going to new restaurants, movies, museums, theatres, festivals, baseball games...anything fun Philly has to offer.

Fun question, If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?:
I'm not going to lie- the thought of only eating one food for the rest of my life makes me really sad, because I love food. If I had to pick though, right now I'd go with cheese. Healthy, I know- but I've been on a real cheese kick lately. There are so many kinds to try, and it goes perfectly with a glass of wine. 

No comments: