What I Would Do Differently {Lisa}

My husband and I just celebrated our five year anniversary just a few short weeks ago and while thinking back on that day, there aren't too many things I would change. Our venue was perfect, we loved our photographers, and all of our family and friends had a fantastic time- making it the perfect day in my eyes! But, after attending so many weddings in the past 5 years and working even more weddings than I've ever attended, I have made put a few small things on a list in my head that I think I would have changed. 

The first would be lighting. I really pushed for this but we couldn't find a way to fit it in our budget so it was something we just couldn't do. I'm a sucker for candle light and incorporated it all over our reception and I think having uplighting and a dance floor wash, would have added so much more warmth to the room. You can see in the picture below that you couldn't really see anything in particular in the reception space. I think if we had some uplighting, pinspotting, or a wash on the dance floor, the room would have had a glow to it and it would have stood out more in pictures. 
The other small detail that my husband and I both agree that we wish we did, was a photo booth. Silly I know but I wanted one *oh-so-badly* and my husband couldn't justify the cost...at the time. Because if you see him at a wedding now, and there is a photo booth or station set up somewhere, he is one of the first to jump in line (I'll spare you the pictures but I do have one of him by himself in a booth with just a glass of wine as a prop). He often mentions that he wishes I would have pushed more for one because it would've been a fun addition to have at our already awesome reception! 

Other than these two small things, I really can't think of anything else I would change. (Other than the weather but we all know there is controlling that and it wasn't really that bad). I married my best friend, we were surrounded by all of our family and friends, we have great memories from the day, and I didn't have to worry about a thing thanks to an awesome wedding coordinator named Erin ;) 

-Lisa

No comments: