Get to Know Proud to Plan: Stephanie

Photo courtesy of Jennifer Childress Photography
Tell us about yourself: I am 24 years old. I graduated from the University of Delaware in 2011 with a degree in Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Management. Currently, I work full time in Center City Philadelphia at a private social club. 

Where do you live?: Wilmington, DE

Give us three words that best describe your personality: Outgoing, caring, goal-oriented

How did you get involved in the event industry?: Through my previous and current work experience, I've been involved in events in some way or another. I've worked the food and beverage end as well as the back end preparing lists and paperwork. I feel my ability to pay close attention to detail and always wanting to go the extra mile for guests to make their event extra special is what makes event planning such a natural fit for me. 

What's your favorite part of a couple's wedding day?: The look on the groom's face when he watches his bride walk down the aisle. After all the hard work that goes into planning a wedding is complete and the day has finally arrived, it's a beautiful moment to watch two people who love each other begin their lives together. 

When you're not doing events, what do you do?: I love going to new restaurants in the City (Philadelphia), meeting and catching up with friends at happy hour, spending time with my family and my boyfriend. I'm a very active person and love trying new things. My boyfriend and I enjoy planning fun dates on our time off together, such as visiting local craft breweries, wine tastings, (we are definitely foodies!) and bowling!

Do you have any hobbies? Or what do you do for fun?: In the past year, running has become a hobby of mine. During my free time, you can find me training for an upcoming race. 

Fun question, if you were stranded on a deserted island and could only bring one thing (not person), what would it be?: A good bottle of wine!

No comments: