Get to Know Proud to Plan: Sharron

Photo courtesy of Jennifer Childress Photography
Tell us about yourself: I am a graduate of Temple University who enjoys trying new things and meeting new people. I'm a perfectionist and natural-born planner which means I don't have a single spontaneous bone in my body. I enjoy making people happy and I feel successful when I know I've made someone's dream a reality. I am very excited to be a part of this Proud to Plan team!

Where do you live?: I'm a Philadelphia Suburban girl! I grew up about 45 minutes outside of the city in Royersford and now I currently live in Manayunk. 

Give us three words that best describe your personality: Funny, Creative, Giving. 

How did you get involved in the event industry?: I've always had a passion for designing and planning events but it wasn't until I transferred to Temple University that I fell in love with this industry. I was originally a nursing student at Temple and found their Tourism and Hospitality Management program while browsing the site; it was at that moment that I knew I had found what I was born to do. 

What's your favorite part of a couple's wedding day?: My favorite part of a couple's wedding day is when they see each other at opposite ends of the aisle for the first time. I guess I'm traditional in that way; the way a couple looks at each other in that moment speaks volumes to me. It's beautiful. 

When you're not doing events, what do you do?: I am full time Meeting Manager for a Pharmaceutical company. I spend my days planning small and large corporate events in various cities around the world. Traveling to these different locations to execute my events is the greatest perk to my job! 

Do you have any hobbies? Or what do you do for fun?: My favorite thing to do is to spend time with my family and friends. It could be something simple like sitting in the house to going all out for a night of dancing; no matter what I know I'm going to have a great time. I'm lucky- I have an amazing family and great friends. 

Fun question, if you were stranded on a deserted island and could only bring on thing (not person) what would it be?: My German Sheperd, Mystic. I know she would protect me if need be and if nothing else, she would definitely make me laugh. 

No comments: