Featured Bride Friday

Names of Bride & Groom: Lauren and Philip

Wedding Date: May 12th, 2012

Ceremony and Reception Location: Cescaphe Ballroom

How did you and your fiance meet?: In my aunt's living room when I was 15 and Phil was 19. Phil was my older cousin's best friend. 

Tell us about the proposal: Phil was supposed to be up in Philadelphia for school (and had called me "from Philly" earlier in the day). He then told me that my dog was sick and that I should go home early. So, around 6pm, I walked out of my office and turned to go down the metro escalator. Of course I had my head in my blackberry and was so tuned out to the world. As I started to walk to go down the escalator, I heard someone shout something and then footsteps running towards me. Being that it had happened before, I thought that there was a homeless person chasing me so I ran until I reached a wall and couldn't run any further. I then looked up and saw Phil but it didn't really register. He got down on one knee and proposed but I was still so shook up from the incident that I said 'no'. Of course, a couple seconds later my wits returned and I kissed him and said yes. 

What is the overall theme of your wedding?: We have a Philadelphia theme. The wedding is in Philly but we have lived in Washington, DC for years now and just love being able to incorporate all of the Philly details. The table names are names of historic Philly places and the table cards include a 1940s hand colored picture of the historic place. We also have cheesesteak and soft pretzel party favors, a Philly Phanatic ice sculpture and "Philly-themed" entrance music (Philadelphia Freedom for parents, Motown Philly for the bridal party and the Fresh Prince theme song for the bride and groom). 

What has been your favorite part of planning?: Seeing how excited my mom is when I tell her about the details. 

What has been your fiance's favorite part of the planning?: He plans stuff?

What are you looking forward to most on the wedding day?: Dancing and eating (although that might be the same as everyday)!

What is your fiance most looking forward to on the wedding day?: Definitely dancing. I probably should bring some extra shirts for all of the sweat...

Which vendor has been your favorite to work with?: Erin and Lisa of Proud to Plan and Tony and Amy of Hoffer Photography. They have all made us so comfortable and are so easy to talk to!

What is your biggest worry about the wedding day?: Tripping. I am extremely clumsy. Since we are taking our pictures before the ceremony outdoors, I could totally see myself tripping in the grass and showing up to the ceremony covered in grass stains. 

What makes your wedding unique from all the others?: The Philly-themed details and the eclectic groups of people. 

Give three words to describe what you imagine you'll feel like the day AFTER the wedding: Tired, reminiscent, happy

Where will you be spending your honeymoon?: Thailand and Cambodia. We figured we didn't have too many opportunities to go half way around the world to some exotic location and didn't want to pass it up. There will be a mix of site-seeing, beach-bumming and sampling of exotic foods. 

No comments: