Featured Bride Friday

Names of Bride and Groom: Joanne and Matthew

Wedding Date: April 28th, 2012

Ceremony Location: Saint Patrick's Church

Reception Location: Memorial Hall at the Please Touch Museum

How did you and your fiance meet?: We met at a 4th of July party on our friends' roof deck in Philadelphia. My best friend and Matt's best friend had been dating for 3 or 4 years but we had never crossed paths until that 4th of July at their party.

Tell us about the proposal: First of all, I was completely shocked. I was not expecting it- AT ALL. We were spending our usual weekend in Dewey Beach with all of our closest friends and having our typical sunset happy hour on the beach, just hanging out like we always do when Matt asked me to go for a walk. I thought it was funny that he wanted to leave everyone and go for a walk, especially since it started to drizzle a tiny bit, but the three of us, Matt, Andre (his 12 year-old chocolate lab) and I went anyway. We walked for a little bit and then Matt pointed out something in the sand, it said MF+JF? written in a big heart. I looked down at it and next thing I knew he was on his knee proposing! My new initials will be JF, so that's why he wrote it with a question mark, instead of MF+JA which we have written in the sand before and have a framed photograph of. What was the most special about this was that 2 of our friends had "gone on a walk" before us and photographed the ENTIRE thing!!! It was then an instant party since our friends were there and the most amazing day of my life. I will never forget it. 
What is the overall theme for your wedding?: I really didn't want to have a theme, especially since Memorial Hall is such a gorgeous building and I didn't want to take anything away from that. Because it is Spring, I really just want the florals to stand out. We have selected a more garden variety in all shades of pink. I'm excited to see what our florist, TableArt, creates. 
What has been your favorite part of planning?: All of it! Especially shopping for my dress and picking out the save-the-dates and invitations. 

What has been your fiance's favorite part of the planning?: Both tastings- the dinner and especially the Isgros Cake. 

What are you looking forward to most on the wedding day?: Celebrating with ALL of our friends and family and creating unforgettable memories with Matt.

What is your fiance most looking forward to on the wedding day?: He said seeing me for the first time in my dress. 

Which vendor has been your favorite to work with?: Of course Erin! She is the best and on top of EVERY single detail. 

What is your biggest worry about the wedding day?: Logistics- getting everyone where they should be, when they should be there, but really I don't need to worry about that because Erin will be there. Other than that, we are hoping most of our flower girls and ring bearers make it down the aisle somewhat uneventfully. There are 8 kids total from ages 2-9 so it's going to be chaotic but cute. 

What makes your wedding unique from all the others?: That it's for Matt and I!

Give three words to describe what you imagine you'll feel the day AFTER the wedding: Exhausted, excited for the honeymoon and SO happy that we just had an amazing wedding day!

Where will you be spending your honeymoon?: Hawaii- Kauai and the Big Island as well as a short trip to Napa on the way to Hawaii. 

Anything else you'd like to share?: So excited for the big day to get here!

No comments: