Featured Bride Friday

With spring wedding season upon us, Featured Bride Fridays will be making a comeback here on the blog! First up is Roberta, who is getting married next Friday. Read on below to find out about her wedding plans.

Names of Bride and Groom: Roberta and Allen

Wedding Date: April 20th, 2012

Ceremony Location: Winterthur Museum and Country Estate in the Gallery

Reception Location: Winterthur Museum and Country Estate in the Visitors Center

How did you and your fiance meet?: We met at Dover Mall in Dover, Delaware. My sorority sister felt that Allen was a wonderful guy and pleaded with me to give him a chance. Allen gave me a call a few days later and initially I did not answer. However, I had a change of mind and called him back. After talking for hours, we figured out that our lives have always crossed beginning at Delaware State University until the present time. I guess it was time that we met to spend the rest of our lives together. On April 20th, 2009, Allen asked me to be his girlfriend and we have been together ever since. 

Tell us about the proposal: Allen always stated that I completed him on every level so I was not too surprised when he proposed. He asked me to meet him at Silver Lake Park in Dover, Delaware where on one of many dates we took night walks in the park. I had an idea that he was going to propose but I did not think too much into the idea. Allen and I walked in the park and he waited until I got to the swing and he quickly got on one knee and stated "I love you, Will you marry me?".

What is the overall theme of your wedding?: The overall theme for our wedding is "Simply Classic". We are simple people that like to show just enough which makes things beautiful. We love clean lines and details which we feel makes our wedding unique, intimate and personal.

Do you have an inspiration board you'd like to share?: The inspiration for our wedding comes from the grounds of Winterthur Museum and Country Estate. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and have a classic charm that is just enough for Allen and I. Also, our invitations that were designed by Paper by Proud, added the special touch needed for our theme. 
What has been your favorite part of planning?: My favorite part of planning has been the constant support from family and friends. Also, dress shopping was wonderful since it gave me an opportunity to be the simply stunning woman I am and to see what I looked best in for our special day. 

What has been your fiance's favorite part of the planning?: My fiance's favorite part of planning has been the food tasting at Winterthur and the cake tasting at Liz Marden Bakery. Allen is in love with good food and sweets.

What are you looking forward to most on the wedding day?: I look forward on my wedding day to spend time with family, putting on my wedding dress and walking down the aisle with my mother. 

What is your fiance most looking forward to on the wedding day?: Allen looks forward to the food as well as spending time with family. 

Which vendor has been your favorite to work with?: All of my vendors have been wonderful. I love working with Erin and TJ Proud from Proud to Plan, Brittany from Petals Lane, Tami and Ryan Garber of Tami Melissa Photography, Kim and Ruth of Curvy Girl Bridal, Kyle and all of the staff at Synergetic Sounds, and Jennifer Lamb from Winterthur. 

What is your biggest worry about the wedding day?: My biggest worry is that I will be late and I will trip when I am jumping the broom. 

What makes your wedding unique from all the others?: We are very family oriented so we want to keep our wedding unique, intimate and personal. During the ceremony, we will add in a wine box ceremony so we can relive our wedding when and if times become overbearing. We are using the traditional vows "for richer or poorer..." since these vows pertain to our lives and will keep us strong and together in this marriage. At the end, we will seal the deal with an African American tradition of jumping the broom. 

Give three words to describe what you imagine you'll feel like the day AFTER the wedding: Relaxed, Relieved and Ready to begin our new lives as husband and wife. 

Where will you be spending your honeymoon?: We are spending our honeymoon in Atlantic City, NJ. 

No comments: