Featured Bride Friday

We are so excited for our fall weddings! Read on below to find out about one of our October brides, Erin and her fiance, Rhett!

Names of Bride and Groom: Erin and Rhett

Wedding Date: October 15th, 2011

Ceremony Location: Lower veranda at White Clay Creek Country Club

Reception Location: Veranda Room at White Clay Creek Country Club

How did you and your fiance meet?: We met on Fat Tuesday in 2008. I was not happy to be at the bar my friends went to. A friend of mine knew a friend of Rhett's and they started talking. Rhett made a comment about how he liked my "red" shoes. I politely replied "they are pink," which incited a friendly banter about my shoe color. (Technically, they are raspberry.) We talked about many other things that night, including our mutual love of horses and exchanged numbers. Our first official date was a week later. 

Tell us about the proposal: Every year since we've been together we vacation with my parents and our dogs in Saratoga Springs, NY over Labor Day weekend. This also happens to be closing weekend at Saratoga Racetrack, which is the primary reason we travel there. 2 years ago, while at the racetrack, we were walking and one of us mentioned that a proposal on the finish line at the racetrack finish would be a good spot. The following year, my parents and brother joined us after the races for a drink. Rhett, my dad and brother, separated themselves from myself and my mom to "go to the bathroom." While they were gone, I spent the time complaining to my mom how he kept saying that because of the economy we couldn't get engaged until the end of the year (I thought he was having cold feet). Rhett and the rest of my family returned and we starting walking. He started saying really sweet things about how much he loves me but he always says things like that so I still wasn't catching on. The next thing I knew, he wasn't next to me anymore because he was down on one knee and asking me to marry him. Of course I said "YES!!!!" 

What is the overall theme of your wedding?: Our wedding theme reflects our mutual love of horses. Our wedding colors are Orange and Purple with Dark Brown accents (Rhett went to Clemson University). We've used our theme from the placecard table (interlocking horseshoes made from daisies), to the signature drink (mint julep...of course!!), to the placecards (featuring jockey jersey in different colors to denote meal choice) and lastly to our "Mr and Mrs" chair signs which will say "Stallion" and "Filly."

What has been your favorite part of planning?: Thinking of ways to incorporate our theme without being too overbearing.

What has been your fiance's favorite part of the planning?: Good question...

What are your looking forward to most on the wedding day?: Celebrating with friends and family!!!!!

What is your fiance most looking forward to on the wedding day?: He says seeing me walk down the aisle. 

Which vendor has been your favorite to work with?: TJ and Erin Proud!!! (I swear this isn't a solicited plug.) TJ has been really helpful and the invitations came out unique and beautiful. He's helped make my ideas come alive. Also, TJ and Erin helped bail me out of an invite fiasco (After I ran them over with my car. Long story......)

What is your biggest worry about the wedding day?: Weather...the ceremony is outside. It's covered but I'm worried I'm worried it will be too chilly or too hot. 

What makes your wedding unique from all the others?: I think our theme and ways we've incorporated it, is pretty unique. 

Give three words to describe how you imagine you'll feel like the day AFTER the wedding: Tired, Excited and full of Love.

Where will you be spending your honeymoon?: We are island hopping for 2 weeks!!!!! (Thanks to my awesome and loving fiance!!!)

Thanks for participating Erin! Below you can see their invitation and a picture that is the inspiration for their centerpieces. 

No comments: