Featured Bride Friday

We're SO excited for Amanda and Andrew's wedding in two weeks! Read on below to find out more about the plans for their wedding day!

Names of Bride and Groom: Amanda and Andrew

Wedding Date: Saturday, October 29, 2011

Ceremony Location: St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Ardmore, PA

Reception Location: The Baldwin School in Bryn Mawr, PA

How did you and your fiance meet?: We met online (plentyoffish.com). I set up my profile so I couldn't see anyone outside of 60 miles from where I was living in central PA. Andrew's profile came up as someone I might be interested in who recently checked their profile. I thought he looked cute, so I clicked on his profile and discovered he actually lived 150 miles away, in King of Prussia. However, I like to shop and his profile was smart and funny, so I messaged him regardless. No one else ever showed up outside of my 60 mile radius- we say it was fate! We started messaging through the site, then Andrew asked for my email, next my phone number, and eventually suggested we meet. Always the gentleman, Andrew offered to drive to see me for our first date in Lewisburg, PA. We have been together ever since our first date on October 18, 2008.

Tell us about the proposal: We went out to eat at Buddakan for our 2 year anniversary. I suspected he might propose that evening, but Andrew is excellent at keeping secrets, and I wasn't sure the entire time until he suggested we go on a walk after dinner. Andrew proposed on a bench beside the 2nd Bank of the U.S., near Independence Hall. Andrew was so nervous he forgot most of what he wanted to say. I cried and said yes! 

What is the overall theme of your wedding?: Classic elegance with a shot of color- our wedding colors are red and plum! 

What has been your favorite part of planning?: I have loved working with Proud to Plan, of course! I have loved picking out attire (I even had red velvet shoes custom-made for me inspired by a Valentino design), picking out the reception location, food, flowers, and planning the church ceremony with Andrew.

What has been your fiance's favorite part of the planning?: The tasting of our menu!

What are you looking forward to most on the wedding day?: I am most looking forward to being married and celebrating a wonderful day with people we love! I am also super excited to find out where we are going on our honeymoon- Andrew has planned it all by himself and will tell me at the reception!

What is your fiance most looking forward to on the wedding day?: Celebrating with friends and family!

Which vendor has been your favorite to work with?: Proud to Plan- I am very type A, and Erin has really eased my mind and helped me feel organized while planning this very large wedding! Her vendor suggestions have also been incredibly helpful!

What is your biggest worry about the wedding day?: I am worried about bawling during our ceremony!

What makes your wedding unique from all the others?: I think the combination of our unusual color scheme and architecturally significant reception location make our wedding unique!

Give three words to describe what you imagine you'll feel like the day AFTER the wedding: Elated, relieved and excited 

Where will you be spending your honeymoon?: I don't know- Andrew is surprising me at our reception. I do know it will be warm, and I need a passport!

Thanks for participating in Featured Bride Friday, Amanda! Here is a picture of Amanda and Andrew and an inspiration board she sent us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being the Mother of the Bride, I am very excited to see everything come together that my daughter and I have discussed during our MANY phone conversations! I think I am most looking forward to the ceremony in the church and watching Amanda's and Andrew's expressions.

Anonymous said...

As a proud first cousin of the bride, I cannot wait to see her walk down the aisle in her fab custom made red shoes with her sweet Dad!! (Tear!)