Featured Bride Friday

Names of Bride and Groom: Ellenmarie and Anthony

Wedding Date: September 24th, 2011

Ceremony Location: Old St. Mary's Church- Philadelphia

Reception Location: The Atrium at the Curtis Center- Philadelphia

How did you and your fiance meet?: We met at my best friend, Amy's shore house in Wildwood. Anthony was friends with her boyfriend at the time and we all met at the shore for a night. 

Tell us about the proposal: Anthony took me to dinner on September 17, 2009 to Gnocchi off of South Street in Philly. It was a nice night, so after dinner we walked around the Penn's Landing area and ended up along the water. Anthony asked me to close my eyes and when I opened he was on one knee asking me to marry him. Of course I said yes! My dad and my sister were there to celebrate with us afterwards. It was a really special night. 

What is the overall theme of your wedding?: Since everything is in Philly, I have used the city skyline throughout my planning. It started with the save the dates and continued from there. Everything is black, white and pink for a classic yet fun look. 

What has been your favorite part of planning?: I have been planning this day for a long time. I have magazines saved and wedding binders with my ideas. I knew what I wanted and loved putting it all into place. My favorite part will be seeing it all come together that night. 

What has been your fiance's favorite part of the planning?: I know he loves me dragging him to some of our vendor meetings but overall he has left the planning to me :)

What are you looking forward to most on the wedding day?: I can't wait to see Anthony that day as I walk down the aisle. And for the dancing, I cannot wait because our band is great! 

What is your fiance most looking forward to on the wedding day?: He said seeing me for the first time that day walking down the aisle. 

Which vendor has been your favorite to work with?: Obviously Erin Proud! She has been amazing. Once we decided to use her services, a weight was lifted from my shoulders. Also, Amy Reese from Clair Pruett and Society Hill Studios. She really gave great ideas and made my choices a lot easier for photography and videography. Her videos are amazing! I cannot wait to see ours. 

What is your biggest worry about the wedding day?: I think I am most worried about the weather...with the recent rain and hurricane I do not want that to spoil our day. 

What makes your wedding unique from all the others?: It will be the most fun! We have really put a lot of thought and effort into everything we planned and I want it to be the best time!

Give three words to describe what you imagine you'll feel like the day AFTER the wedding: Sad (because the wedding is over); Excited (for the honeymoon); Thankful (that the day went smooth and everyone had a good time)

Where will you be spending your honeymoon?: Aruba!

No comments: