Featured Bride Friday

Here is this week's edition of Featured Bride Friday. We're so excited for Erica and Gene's wedding tomorrow! Check out their great inspiration board at the end of the blog post. Happy Friday!

Names of Bride & Groom: Erica & Gene

Wedding Date: 5.7.11

Ceremony Location: Saint Mary of the Assumption, Hockessin, Delaware

Reception Location: The Patio at Archmere, Claymont, Delaware

How did you and your fiancé meet?: Like most Delawareans, we share mutual friends J

Tell us about the proposal: It was the Friday before Christmas, 2009 and we were enjoying a few cocktails and admiring the Christmas tree. I noticed a sparkle hanging in front of our first Christmas ornament! My jaw dropped…Gene’s side of the story is that it took me 15 minutes to notice the bling! I said YES! (of course) and we made calls to my parents…my Dad was happy to report that he already knew, as Gene drove from Wilmington to the beach the night before to ask for my hand.

What is the overall theme of your wedding? Do you have an inspiration board you’d like to share?: Overall theme is black and white damask with pink flowers, cotton candy and martinis!

What has been your favorite part of planning?: Reading wedding blogs like Proud to Plan, Style Me Pretty and finding amazing personalized items on Etsy! I also love watching any and all wedding shows on TLC, WE, etc…

What has been your fiancé’s favorite part of the planning?: Stocking the reception bar and planning the honeymoon!

What are you looking forward to most on the wedding day?: Seeing my groom for the first time as I walk down the aisle!

What is your fiancé most looking forward to on the wedding day?: Celebrating the day with family, friends and his beautiful bride!

Which vendor has been your favorite to work with?: Erin and TJ Proud have been amazing to work with. Erin’s vendor recommendations have been top notch as well and have given me peace of mind that our day will run smoothly.

What is your biggest worry about the wedding day?: Crying during my vows, I have a super cute monogrammed hanky….just in case.

What makes your wedding unique from all the others?: A lot of personal touches, picture displays and a very special floral arrangement made to look like our little Princess Maltese, Miss Sophia Alessandra!

Give three words to describe what you imagine you’ll feel like the day AFTER the wedding: ecstatic, relieved, relaxed

Where will you be spending your honeymoon?: Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

No comments: