Get to Know Proud to Plan: Megan

Photo courtesy of Jennifer Childress Photography
Tell us about yourself:
I'm from Wilmington, DE, born and raised. After high school, I went 25 minutes down the highway to the lovely University of Delaware, where I am majoring in Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Management. I'll be graduating in May 2013 and I aspire to be in the event planning industry. I'm enjoying still growing up and searching for my place in the world while having a great time in college!

Where do you live?:
Newark, DE. I live right outside the University's campus with 3 of my friends in a townhouse! 

Give three words that best describe your personality:
Outgoing, vivacious, and driven!

How did you get involved in the event industry?:
Ever since high school, when I was one of four event chairs of the Relay For Life for the American Cancer Society, I fell in love with event planning. While most became overwhelmed by the stress, I thrived on it. Making all of the little things come together for one big event made the end product so worth it. I loved seeing the looks on everyone's faces and making an event where they could come together for a common bond of fighting cancer. I continued the fight into college where I am now an Event Co-Chair at the University of Delaware's Relay for Life. I love being part of an event that brings the University together for a common cause. While I love nonprofits, I've always loved weddings. So, I'm really excited to be given the opportunity to intern with Proud to Plan!

What's your favorite part of a couple's wedding day?:
I love the sheer joy emanating from the couple. The bride is glowing. Her white dress is elegant and pure. Her smile is flawless. She is so happy to be marrying the prince charming she had been dreaming about and seeing in movies her entire life. The groom is smiling from ear to ear. His sharp tux mixed with his touch of fidgety nervousness. He's as excited as a little boy on Christmas morning! I love being a part of their happiness. It's like living vicariously through their fairytale. 

When you're not doing events, what do you do?:
I am a student at the University of Delaware, so that keeps me EXTREMELY BUSY! From football games, to the fundraising events for Relay for Life, studying for tests, or hanging out with my friends. There is never a dull moment in college. 

Do you have any hobbies? Or what do you do for fun?: 
I am apart of the PCMA (Public Convention Management Association) at UD, I love cooking, reading a good book, and watching bad reality television (guilty as charged), and I like to be artsy every now and then. 

Fun question, if you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?:
Definitely TACOS!!! I am such a sucker for Mexican food, and tacos steal my heart every time. I had them at my birthday dinner and I love them so much. So many flavors in one food! I'm hungry just thinking about them. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Megan is awesome!!!