Get to Know Proud to Plan: Jen

Photo courtesy of Jennifer Childress Photography
Tell us about yourself:
I am a graduate of the University of Delaware with a Bachelor's Degree in Communication. Also, I recently got married. We were married last October, on the only day it snowed last year!

Where do you live?: 
My husband and I live in Fox Chase, in Northeast Philadelphia. 

Give us three words that best describe your personality:
Organized, Responsible, Loyal

How did you get involved in the event industry?:
In college, I had a few internships with nonprofit organizations focusing on their special events. Then, after college, I became involved in meeting planning, and now work as a meeting planner for a pharmaceutical company. 

What's your favorite part of a couple's wedding day?: 
I love that moment when the bride and groom see each other for the first time, whether it is as the bride walks down the aisle or during a first reveal photo. It's amazing to be a part of that moment. Also, I love the wedding cake!

When you're not doing events, what do you do?: 
I love spending time with my family. Now that my sister and cousins are all over the place, I really cherish the times we have together. Also, since we are both so busy, I love when my husband and I can catch a movie or relax on the couch catching up on our favorite TV shows. 

Do you have any hobbies? Or what do you do for fun?: 
I love baking in my spare time. I also would love to learn how to cook. 

Fun question, if you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?:
Dessert! I have a bit of a sweet tooth. 

No comments: