Featured Bride Friday

Names of Bride and Groom: Marcy and Dermot

Wedding Date: June 23, 2012

Ceremony and Reception Location: Bride's childhood home in Haverford, PA

How did you and your fiance meet?: I went to school with his little sister from 3rd-9th grade and always had a little bit of a crush on her very cute older brother. When his sister switched schools after 9th grade we lost touch. It wasn't until about 15 years later when we friended each other on Facebook and started chatting. What I thought, at first, was just a hopeful reconnection with an old crush quickly grew into a wonderful relationship that I don't think either of us could have expected.
Tell us about the proposal: Dermot tried hard to surprise me with what he knew I wanted more than anything for Christmas (an engagement) by pretending he was actually getting me the other thing I was really wanting (a puppy). Unfortunately, however the surprise was spoiled when I came across the ring box in his coat pocket the day before Christmas Eve. We had agreed to exchange presents between the two of us on Christmas Eve morning because we had so many other family engagements throughout the rest of the day. So when I came downstairs that morning he had wrapped a dog crate and tried to distract me with all kinds of puppy noises but when I turned around after finding the dog crate empty, he presented me with the most beautiful ring I have ever seen and made me an exceedingly happy woman.

What is the overall theme of your wedding?: The overall theme is an elegant modern garden party in purple (if that can be a theme). I have loved using Pinterest for my inspiration board. 

What has been your favorite part of planning?: I have loved the time that I have spent with my fiance as well as the things that we have been able to learn about ourselves and each other through the process. I also really love design and flowers and so figuring out tablescapes has been really fun too!

What has been your fiance's favorite part of the planning?: Learning that as a couple we can do anything together and still have fun while doing it. 

What are you looking forward to most on the wedding day?: I am really looking forward to seeing my fiance for the first time that day and having a little alone time with him. I am also looking forward to letting go and having a blast with our family and friends!

What is your fiance most looking forward to on the wedding day?: I am most looking forward to seeing her for the first time in her dress, and being able to spend our day together with friends and family. 

Which vendor has been your favorite to work with?: This sounds like I am just saying it- but really, it has been Erin- she is so enthusiastic and fun, we felt so comfortable with her from the beginning- I know that my wedding is in good hands with her!

What is your biggest worry about the wedding day?: I am worried that I will be too worried about other people and not be able to be in moment and enjoy myself. 

What makes your wedding unique from all the others?: Two words: Donut Bar

Give three words to describe what you imagine you'll feel like the day AFTER the wedding: Happy, tired and peaceful

Where will you be spending your honeymoon?: Antigua 

No comments: