Featured Vendor Friday

This week's Featured Vendor is one of our favorite makeup artists, Emily from Cheekadee! Check out the questionnaire to get the scoop on her company.

Name of Company: Cheekadee Makeup Artists

Contact Information/Website/etc.: www.cheekadee.com 

Services Offered: Makeup!

Locations that you cover: The entire Tri-State Area; including PA, NJ and DE. Also, the Jersey Shore!

When was your business established?: I have been doing makeup professionally for over 20 years, but I started Cheekadee about 5 years ago. 

How did you get involved in events?: I was hooked from the first time I did a wedding. It sort of snowballed...First year I did 1, second year 2 and last year Cheekadee did 105 weddings.

What is your favorite type of event to do?: Weddings, for sure! I am a sucker for a girl in a dress ;)

Where is your favorite venue to work?: I love that Philadelphia is so rich in history. Places like Pen Ryn Mansion and Cairnwood Estate are especially pretty. But, perhaps my favorite The Lippincott House on Locust Street in Center City. It is a B&B that dates back to the 18th century. From the outside, you have no idea how magnificent it is! The wallpaper, the decor and the inn keeper is a doll!

What do you look forward to most on the event date?:

Absolutely without a doubt, seeing the bride in her gown. Witnessing the beauty of everything coming together with hair, makeup, jewelry, etc. is just magical. The power of someone lighting up a room with her smile, just makes it all worthwhile. 

Tell us about the best event you've worked:

Since I am typically gone before all of the fun happens, I get to see the wedding from a different angle, which is interesting. I have had so many wonderful experiences with brides and their families. I can tell you the things I remember the most are the family relationships and dynamics. The things that get me in the throat are...sisters. I have always wanted one, and when I see brides and their sisters laughing and crying, it makes me a little jealous. But, so so happy that I am able to share in their day! The things that make me incredibly sad are when important family members are missing, such as a parent or a sibling. Moral is- do not take what you have for granted! 

How do you feel about working with wedding coordinators?: 

Wedding coordinators, like Proud to Plan, make my job so much easier. When I am working with Erin or Lisa, or any of the PTP girls, I know that an event is going to go smoothly. I have seen them save the day on more than one occasion! Plus, they are so much fun to work with!

What is the price range for your services?: 

Our prices are very reasonable for what we offer. Our services for the bride start at $195 (including the trial). We have a minimum of 4 people who we will travel for and they are an additional $75 each. We travel to all Center City locations for free. 

Do you run any specials?:

We are planning all sorts of exciting projects for the off season; makeup lessons and parties. Please contact us if you are interested. 

Thanks for filling out our questionnaire, Emily! Below you can see a few of our brides that used Cheekadee on their wedding day.
Sarah; Photo courtesy of Jubilee Photography
Carley; Photo courtesy of Jennifer Childress Photography
Jennifer; Photo courtesy of Justin & Mary Photography

No comments: