Featured Bride Friday

Here is this week's Featured Bride, Laura, who is getting married next Sunday! Read on below to find out more about her plans for her wedding!

Names of Bride & Groom:  Laura & Jack 

Wedding Date: 7.3.11 

Ceremony & Reception Location: Laurita Winery, New Egypt, NJ 

How did you and your fiancé meet?: We met in May of 2006 at a party in Philly. He came out for my birthday the following week, and we’ve been together ever since! 

Tell us about the proposal: The day that Jack proposed was one of the most beautiful beach days of the summer. Unfortunately for him and unbeknownst to me, he spent half the day driving to Long Island to pick up the ring. When he finally got to the beach, he immediately wanted to go for a walk. An idea that I instantly shut down... I forced him to put on sunscreen, and then told him to relax and enjoy the day. For obvious reasons, he just couldn't relax, and I finally agreed to go on a walk. Jack mustered up the courage to propose, but I bent down to pick up sea glass temporarily postponing things. This proceeded to happen four times before Jack could finally get the words out. 

What is the overall theme of your wedding? Do you have an inspiration board you’d like to share?: The venue was really the inspiration for the whole wedding. It’s rustic with modern elements. I’d like to think that the wedding theme shares the venues charm. 

What has been your favorite part of planning?: It’s been fun looking through magazines and blogs to find unique ideas. 

What has been your fiancé’s favorite part of the planning?: The fact that I’ve done 99% of the work. :o) 

What are you looking forward to most on the wedding day?: Having all of my friends and family in one place celebrating…and marrying Jack, of course! 

What is your fiancé most looking forward to on the wedding day?: Me, being there. 

Which vendor has been your favorite to work with?: Erin Proud has been my right hand (wo)man! She has been so helpful with organizing and being my advocate when dealing with other vendors. I’ve also loved working with Emily Wren and Cassidy Field of Wren and Field Photography.  I had a bit of a mishap during our engagement photos. It’s not everyday your dress splits up your back, but they handled it like a pro and joined me in the humor of the situation. 

What is your biggest worry about the wedding day?: Weather and being a blubbering fool. 

What makes your wedding unique from all the others?: A ballroom bride I am not… I think the venue and over all casual style of the wedding make it unique. Hiccups in planning will  (and have) happen, but all that matters is that at the end of the day you’re married. 

Give three words to describe what you imagine you’ll feel like the day AFTER the wedding: happy, exhausted, and beach-bound. 

Where will you be spending your honeymoon?: Maui!

No comments: