Amanda's Dream Wedding

Due to the fact that this is my dream wedding, some of this may sound a little crazy, but I think it may all be possible when I fall in love! Ideally, I have always imagined myself to be proposed to at a Philadelphia Flyers hockey game. I have been an avid hockey fan since I was born from growing up closely with my father and brother. As I do enjoy the Philadelphia city life, I have always dreamed of a quiet, smaller, romantic wedding day with breathtaking views, unique spaces, while being surrounded by family and friends. 

Season/Theme
Even though Fall is my favorite season of the year with the leaves changing colors, the summer months are ideally what I would envision for my wedding day. I would like to incorporate my favorite flowers, sunflowers, that have always meant good luck and happiness to me, along with my favorite colors; purple and orange. Orange incorporates that little Fall color. 
Source
Venue
The venue selection will most likely be the hardest decision for me and will take a significant period of time. I love to travel, while many in my family have never had the chance. I would love to pick a venue with a ceremony area outside with a breathtaking landscape in the background. Looking out into mountains or a body of water brings a feeling of freedom and being alive and happy, and I would love for family and friends to see and experience that. As I would like my ceremony and reception in one location, I'd like the reception to be held in a unique location such as a rustic barn with the high ceilings or a winery to keep a rustic, interesting layout for guests. 
Source
Decor
Lights, candles, action! Walking down the aisle, I envision sunflowers lining the aisle with the beautiful view in the background. For the reception, lots of lights and candles will be used to give that romantic feel. With a venue with high ceilings, I would use lights draped all around, with candles on tables, as well as spread throughout the entire venue. The sunflowers, purple, and orange color scheme, will be carried through to the reception by acting as centerpieces. Instead of round tables, I would like long tables of family and friends instead. 

In an effort to keep a personal feel to the space, I'd like to make sure my passed family members who won't be there with me on my special day, are included. Old photos from either their weddings or special events will be placed in mason jars and displayed. Family would also be honored by way of a mouth watering sweet station. My mom was an incredible baker. Close family members and myself would bake all of her favorite recipes; cookies, raspberry bars, and cakes- all to perfection! 

To keep up with the rustic/outdoor theme, I would love to include a fire pit for guests to gather around. Instead of having a signature drink, many friends and family, as well as myself, will enjoy a good cigar. Having a cigar station would be just the ticket!
Source
Source
Source
Source
Music/Food
For the ceremony, having a harpist play while I walk down the aisle will honestly make me cry. To have the dance floor popping all night, I would incorporate a DJ for the night. 

Since I am a food fanatic, the idea of different food stations of favorite cuisines or favorite places I've visited could be a unique idea. Mexican cuisine is my favorite, so a taco station is a must!
Source
Dress/Hair
My mind changes all the time with dress styles. I would enjoy a dress with a sweetheart neckline with straps on my wedding day. Even though I never envisioned a strapless dress, the picture below, is the ideal train I would look for and I'd wear my hair down just like this one, with pretty curls. 
Source
The dreaming and planning will continue forever, but all you need is love!
-Amanda

No comments: