Get to Know Proud to Plan: Lisa

Photo courtesy of Jennifer Childress Photography
Tell us about yourself: I live in Bucks County and am a graduate of Neshaminy High School in 2002. I married my high school sweetheart, Ryan, in 2008 and we recently moved into our first house! And it is quite a full house! We are parents to the two prettiest girls on the planet, Olivia, 6 and Elliot, 2 and we have a pit bull mix named Blanca, who we rescued from a shelter in Philadelphia.

Where do you live?: Levittown, PA

Give us three words that best describe your personality: Overly-organized, Friendly and Loyal

How did you get involved in the event industry?: I hired Erin as my own wedding coordinator in 2008 and shortly after, applied for a job with her. I am extremely detail oriented/Type A personality and realized my dream of being in the wedding industry while planning my wedding!

What's your favorite part of a couple's wedding day?: I actually have two favorite parts. The first is when the bride is getting ready to walk down the aisle. The excitement and nervousness that the bride has leading up to the ceremony magically disappears as she gets sent down the aisle, usually resulting in me crying, secretly of course :) The other is most definitely when the bride and groom are introduced at the reception. Seeing all of the love in the room and how excited they are to be married (and their family and friends clapping and cheering for them) makes me tear up a little. I'm a sap.

When you're not doing events, what do you do?: I'm the marketing and event manager for Proud to Plan and act as Erin's right hand (wo)man. I handle our blog, Facebook, Twitter and attend various networking events on behalf of Proud to Plan.

Do you have any hobbies? Or what do you do for fun?: When I'm not working or chasing two kids, you'll find me in my living room doing crafts while watching reality tv. I love love love crafts, so once the girls are put to bed, I turn on my tv and craft the night away. It's my favorite way to spend my alone time!

Fun question, if you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?:
Since I'm the pickiest eater ever, this isn't a hard question for me: baked mac and cheese. Of course homemade with bread crumbs on top. Delish!

No comments: