Wedding Tip Wednesday

This week’s wedding tip is some advice on how to choose your color scheme. There a few things that you should definitely take into consideration before choosing. Color schemes set the tone for your wedding, whether it is a black tie event with strictly black and white décor or a garden wedding with greens, blush pinks and white décor. Here is my list of how to narrow color schemes down to your perfect fit!

Definitely take your venue into consideration. An old historic mansion may not be the right fit for a modern color combination like lime green and aqua blue. Go with softer colors and if you want bold color, a deep purple or navy blue would look great. You can still make a statement with soft pinks and golds.

Pick your favorite color! Do you love pink? Or yellow? Run with it! You can always find a different shade of your favorite color to fit the time of year. Or go in the polar opposite direction. When picking the color scheme for my own wedding, I originally wanted orange and brown. But then I saw a green and purple wedding and fell in love. I had never liked the color purple (at all) until I was planning my wedding. Considering different colors definitely can’t hurt.

Certain colors, like blue, have limited amount of flowers that are actually blue, but you can always get them dyed to be your perfect color. Pinks, greens, whites on the other hand are in every flower category. All white flowers can look so fresh, modern and clean. It’s one of my favorite colors for centerpieces.

Take a note from nature. Autumn leaves come in so many different colors that create a gorgeous palette: reds, yellows, oranges and greens. These are popular in fall weddings but you could even bring yellows and oranges into a spring wedding. One of my favorite color schemes right now is the colors of a peacock feather; pull out the greens, blues, browns and golds and you have a really unique theme that will make a statement.

Whatever color scheme you decide on, it should reflect you as a couple. Have fun going through inspiration boards and googling every combination under the sun. It can definitely be one of the more fun things to decide! Just for giggles, I put a picture below of my favorite color combo right now that I found on Snippet & Ink. I need it in my life! So adorable!!!

-Lisa

No comments: