What I Would Do Differently {Jen}

Let me start off this post by saying that my wedding was one of the happiest days of my life. The day was incredible and I was just so happy to be marrying my husband. However, after almost 2 years of marriage, and working numerous weddings, there are a few things I would have possibly done differently. 

Hire Proud to Plan
Our wedding is perfect example of how you can't plan for everything. The day of our wedding was a crazy snowstorm...in October! I never could have imagined as we were planning our beautiful fall wedding that it would snow! It would have been extremely helpful to have the Proud to Plan coordinators onsite to assist with dealing with all this craziness...vendors that were late due to the weather, cars that wouldn't start, etc. Since we did not have a wedding planner, this fell to me, my mom, and my sister to handle. It would have been much less stressful to have this extra support. 

Photo List
There are a few family pictures that we did not get the day of my wedding. Granted, our photo process was a little crazy due to the weather and limited timing to take photos indoors at the church and reception. It is so important to have the conversation with your photographer about what pictures are important to you. I didn't even realize until after our wedding that I didn't get a picture with my parents and sister, or with my sister and 4 cousins (the 6 of us have grown up like sisters). Looking back, I definitely would have been more detailed with my "Must Take Photo" list. 

Add a Candy Buffet
This is such a minor detail, but in working so many weddings, people love candy buffets! I have seen so many creative displays and I think it is such a fun gift for your guests!

Looking back, I have the best memories from my wedding day. The important thing is to remember what is important and not stress over anything that didn't go perfectly!

-Jen

No comments: