Jen's Wedding

Scott and I were married on October 29, 2012. I had always dreamed about a beautiful fall wedding. Instead, we encountered a crazy snowstorm that no one expected. We started our day by getting ready at the salon. All of my bridesmaids, my mom, and Scott's mom went to Fringe Salon in Southampton to have our hair and makeup done. Everything was great until I looked out the window. I was shocked by the amount of snow that was already on the ground and it was only 11:00am! We found out that the salon ended up losing power as soon as we left, so we were extremely lucky. 
The girls wore burgundy dresses. I loved how their flowers popped with all the fall colors. I wore a Maggie Sottero dress. Although it took me a while to finally choose a dress, I was so happy once I found this one. 
We had our ceremony at Our Lady of Good Counsel Church in Southampton. I had gone to grade school at OLGC and always wanted to get married there. We were so lucky that almost everyone made it to the wedding even with the crazy weather. It was a beautiful ceremony. I couldn't believe it when the priest announced us as husband and wife!
We then headed to Celebrations in Bensalem for our reception. We were enjoying cocktail reception when all of the sudden, Scott and I were called to the front of the room. I had absolutely no idea what was going on. Then, we were surprised by the Philly Phanatic! It was amazing! All of our guests were dancing and taking pictures with the Phanatic. Scott's sister had arranged it as a surprise for us. It was so much fun and really got the party started!
After cocktail hour, we were introduced into the reception. We asked our bridal party to do something fun as they danced into the room. When our friends Casey and Joe were introduced, we heard cheers from inside. We didn't realize how amazing their entrance was until we got our wedding video. Joe slid under Casey's legs into the room. The sheer difficulty level (and how this could have ended very badly had he been a little off his aim), made this the best entrance.
One of my favorite moments of the night was our first dance. It really seemed like we were the only two people in the room. We danced to "I Do" by Dashboard Confessional. It was an amazing moment and one I will never forget.
We had a few personal touches to the reception. We included the wedding pictures of our parents and grandparents on the table with the place cards. Scott's grandmother and my Pop Pop had passed away during our engagement and we wanted to honor them. We also used the toasting glasses that have been in my mom's family for years. My grandparents, parents, and aunts and uncles used the glasses at their weddings as well. 
Our reception was so much fun. The food was delicious and the dance floor was packed the entire night. Several of our guests commented that they had never seen a more crowded dance floor. Scott and I were so lucky to have such an amazing day. Even with the snow, we were surrounded by our friends and family. We could not have asked for a better wedding day!
-Jen

No comments: